- This event has passed.
Support the Jobber’s House Restoration on Giving Tuesday
November 27 @ 12:00 am - 11:59 pm| Free
Tuesday, November 27 is Giving Tuesday – Please Give in Support of the Jobber’s House!
In recent years, the international movement known as Giving Tuesday has been gaining momentum. The Friends of Fish Creek have partnered with Canada Helps once again to make giving back even easier. Our goal for Giving Tuesday is to raise $500,000 for the Jobber’s House renovation and revitalization project here in Fish Creek Provincial Park. The Friends are planning to transform the 100-year-old Jobber’s House at the Bow Valley Ranch from a ramshackle yet charming historic building into a truly useful space that will benefit the park and community for generations to come.
With the Jobber’s House, we can improve and expand our educational activities like the TD Learning Naturally program, host community outreach activities, conduct meetings, have year-round wellness activities, and realize countless other possibilities. The Alberta Real Estate Foundation has generously provided a grant to cover the full cost of the feasibility study and project plan, which will go a long way in getting this project off the ground. This Giving Tuesday, we invite you to give back to the community by supporting the Jobber’s House conservation project here in Fish Creek Provincial Park!
How to Donate:
• Through CanadaHelps: https://givingtuesday.ca/partners/friends-of-fish-creek1
• Through the Friends website: https://friendsoffishcreek.org/jhouse
• Over the phone: 403-238-3841
• In person: Visit the Friend of Fish Creek Office, (Cookhouse, Bow Valley Ranch, Fish Creek Provincial Park, south end of Bow Bottom Tr. SE)
• Mail donation: Friends of Fish Creek, ATTN: Giving Tuesday, PO Box 2780 Stn M, Calgary, AB T2P 2M7
SUBMIT EVENTLet everyone know about
GET CONNECTEDJoin the Circle of Friends for email alerts and updates.
CONTACT USDidn't catch that number? Need our address? Find it here.