- This event has passed.
Rockpointe Church Youth Missions Fundraiser
April 5 @ 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm| Free
Rockpointe Church is organizing a fundraiser on April 5 to raise money for four community and compassion initiatives taking place this summer run by the youth and young adults of RockPointe Church.
1) Students will be running specialized sports camps for both First Nations children and youth from the Morley Reserve west of Calgary, as well as for new immigrants and second generation Canadian children and youth in northeast Calgary in partnership with The New Canadian Friendship Center and Hope Mission.
2) Youth will also be serving within struggling neighbourhoods in Montreal caring for the elderly, facilitating community clean-ups, helping to revitalize neighbourhoods, and running children’s day camps.
3) One team of young adults will be providing needed skilled labour at Casa Luz (House Of Light) in Costa Rica (www.casaluz.org), an organization devoted to caring for young mothers and their children rescued from sexual abuse.
4) Finally, we are raising funds for aid in Mafraq, Jordan to partner with a local church that serves refugees and helps to meet their most basic needs for heat, water, food, and clothing.
Rockpointe desires to meet the felt needs of the poor and the marginalized and develop youth and young adults who will serve their community, lead socially, and develop intercultural perspectives to foster lifelong personal investment in bettering our society and our world.
The goal is to provide services free of charge so they may be widely accessible, and this means fundraising. One of the ways we are fundraising for these initiatives is by hosting a large scale banquet and silent auction on April 5th where donated items, services, and experiences, as well as desserts, will be auctioned off to raise funds. Our student participants are paying their participation costs by raising support through family and friends and by working over the coming months. Therefore, funds raised at our fundraiser will be used exclusively by our teams to cover project costs and any additional funds will be donated directly to partner organizations for their on-going costs of caring for their respective communities.
With this in mind there are a couple ways to support:
– consider donating an item to our auction? Is there a way to auction off someone joining one of your announcers one day?
– promoting the event, encouraging others to donate- or buy tickets and be there to support the auction!
I wanted to get you this information in case there is a chance for a donation. Tickets are actually $30 for the dinner.
SUBMIT EVENTLet everyone know about
GET CONNECTEDJoin the Circle of Friends for email alerts and updates.
CONTACT USDidn't catch that number? Need our address? Find it here.