Shine Fm Blog
Shine's Kitchen Winner - Tomato Zucchini Casserole
She says: "It’s a good way to use up all that zucchini from your summer garden, and it works well as a main dish or as a side. Great for pot lucks, too"!!
Tomato Zucchini Casserole
- 1 1/2 cups grated Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 medium zucchinis, thinly sliced
- 5 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup fine bread crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly butter a 9x9-inch pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine Cheddar, Parmesan, oregano, basil, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
3. Arrange half of the zucchini slices in the pan. Sprinkle 1/4 of the cheese and herb mixture on top. Arrange half of the tomatoes, and top with another 1/4 of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers.
4. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in onions, and cook until soft and translucent. Stir in breadcrumbs; cook until they have absorbed the butter. Sprinkle on top of casserole.
5. Cover loosely with foil, and bake in a preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil, and bake until the top is crusty and the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
The Shine FMHow can we pray for you?
Tell Us Your StoryWhat's happening with you?
Share your story!
Get ConnectedFind out how to get more connected with ShineFM.
Contact UsDidn't catch that number?
Need our address? Find it here.