Shine Fm Blog
Cheesy Potato Beef Bake
Posted by Annette Jennings | POST A COMMENT
"I created this layered meat-and-potatoes casserole a few years ago when my mother asked me what I wanted for supper," shares Nicole Rute. "My family thinks it tastes great," adds the 15-year-old .
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained, optional
- 2 packages (5-1/4 ounces each) au gratin potatoes
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Top with mushrooms.
- In a small bowl, combine the potatoes and contents of sauce mix packets, water, milk, butter, salt, seasoned salt and pepper. Pour over beef and mushrooms. Cover and bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
The Shine FMHow can we pray for you?
Tell Us Your StoryWhat's happening with you?
Share your story!
Get ConnectedFind out how to get more connected with ShineFM.
Contact UsDidn't catch that number?
Need our address? Find it here.